The AROC Annual Meeting in Frederick, MD is hardly a month away. As many of you are aware, MAARC is planning a pre-convention drive that will begin on Tuesday, June 22nd and we will arrive in Frederick on Wednesday afternoon, June 25th. The rough itinerary is as follows – some fine tuning still to come, but I have routed us over some great roads.
Tuesday June 22nd
- Lunchtime Rendezvous at Cooper Vineyards, Louisa, VA (box lunches $10 each)
- Taste Cooper Vineyards Wines
- Drive back roads to Rappahannock Vineyards along scenic by-ways), Rt. 33 to Rt. 231 to Rt. 211/522 thru Sperryville to Rappahannock Vineyards.
- Taste Rappahannock Vineyards Wines
- Drive back roads to Hampton Inn Warrenton
- Dinner at restaurant in Warrenton - TBD
Wednesday June 23rd
- Breakfast/Check out
- Drive back roads through The Plains, Middleburg and Purcellville to Breaux Vineyards
- Taste Breaux Vineyards wines
- Drive to Harpers Ferry, W VA and walk around the historic town
Final leg of drive to Frederick, MD (direct and fairly short)
Decisions you will need to make:
1. Contact the Hampton Inn Warrenton if you want to reserve a room, Phone (540) 349-4200, Room rate is $107.10
2. Let me know if you want desire a box lunch at Cooper Vineyards on the 22nd. Cost is $10 each.